Today we are happy to announce BlogEngine 2.9 release to the public! Last few weeks we’ve been hard at work improving and polishing 2.9 beta and now it is ready for everyone to download and use. We put a lot of work into this release and hope you'll enjoy using it. You can also check out Francis's post on design process with some nice screenshots.
Happy New Year and Merry Blogging!!!
What's new in 2.9
- Admin UI redesigned using latest Bootstrap framework.
- New standard theme, also Bootstrap based, standards compliant with clean and beautiful design that is easy to extend and pleasure to use.
- Improvements to theme layouts (separate single post and page templates, navigation template and more)
- New admin UI runs on AngularJS and SPA (single page) application model
- ASP.NET Web API and Repository Pattern on the back-end
- .NET framework 4.5
- Visual Studio 2012/2013 to work with code (express is fine)
- IIS 7 and up, integrated mode
- Full trust for website in IIS. Mix or .NET 4.0 and 4.5 assemblies still require full trust, we keep looking into options to get it down to medium but it is harder than we estimated initially.
- Support for Razor (web pages). MVC not required, but installing it is a simplest way to have Razor configured with IIS
We will monitor closely Codeplex discussions and, if needed, will create a patch for any critical issues.